Hot Water Guide & FAQ's
Do you have issues with your Brisbane hot water system, no hot water, handy tips?
With over 20 years experience in the Brisbane Hot water system field, K-Oz Plumbing will be able to assess and determine the required hot water repairs and get your water hot again.
Electric Hot Water FAQ's
No Hot Water – Electric storage
If your hot water has suddenly turned cold and your hot water system does not seem to be working then it might be an easy fix.
- If you have a Rheem , Dux, Everhot, Thermann , Aquamax, Vulcan, Saxon, Hills, Solarhart hot water system that is not working and only producing cold water then please read the below FAQ’s to see if you can troubleshoot and fix yourself. You might be able to fix the hot water system without calling a plumber or gasfitter. Call us for free as we might be able to help you over the phone and fix the issue.
- Check if the power has been turned off to the unit.
- Check if the circuit breaker is on, if its tripped you may need to contact an electrician.
- The heating element inside the hot water tank could need replacing
- If the hot water system tank is leaking and ruptured then you might need a new hot water heater.
- Has there been a power cut, may need to wait until the unit heats up again
- Has the hot water been used up, if peak electricity you my have to wait 1-2 hours to reheat or if off-peak, wait until morning and test again
- Tempering valve may have failed, call K-Oz Plumbing for further help
- If you have a Saxon hot water system you may have to top up the tank.
- Once every six months the pressure relief valve must be checked by the owner. To top up the tank and check the valve, lift the valve lever against the spring pressure until water flows from the overflow pipe. When water flows from the overflow, restore the lever to its original position. (Do not let the lever snap back, as this may damage the valve seat). As cold water is introduced into the tank, it will expand and continue to flow for some time. It is good idea to do this check whenever you receive your electricity bill. If water does not flow freely.
No Hot Water – Gas Hot Water
- Check power supply – i.e. plug or power is going to the unit.
- If you can smell a strong gas call K-Oz plumbing 24/7
- Check your gas supply it turned on, have is there gas in your gas bottles.
- Have you opened an account with a gas supplier? Your gas may have been disconnected when a previous tenant or owners lived there.
- Check with your Property Manager or Real Estate Agent for help or more information on the type of hot water system you have at the property.
- Has the pilot light gone out? There should be a small blue flame constantly alight. The instructions to turn on the pilot light is usually on the back on the Gas HWS panel. You don’t need to be a gas fitter to relight somes pilot lights. Rain or wind can cause a pilot light to go out.
- If you are unable to relite the gas hot water system it may need a service, have a faulty thermocouple, broken thermostat or blocked pilot tube
- Call K-Oz Plumbing for help 07 3901 6042
No Hot Water
- Check there is power to the solar hot water unit, check the circuit breaker, you may need to contact an electrician.
- Has it been overcast?
- Is the booster switch off?
- Has one of the panels or tank been damaged?
- Does the thermostat need replacing?
- Contact us for help and assistance.
Blocked Toilet, Blocked sewer, Blocked stormwater, Blocked ORG, Blocked Drain, call K-Oz Plumbing for help with your Blocked Drains in Brisbane.
Emergency plumber to help, Cracked pipe repairs, burst pipes, leaking pipes K-Oz Plumbing can fix your Brisbane plumbing issues today.
Leaking pipes, burst pipes, burst flexhoses, Leak detection – leak reports – we can help replace and fix your leaks.
Dripping shower heads, water shower head replacements, blocked shower heads, blocked shower grate – K-Oz Plumbing can help.
Check if we Service your Area
Enter you postcode below to find out
Request A Callback Today
Getting in touch with the friendly team at K-OZ Plumbing couldn’t be easier. Give us a call at 0481 181 696, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the convenient form below to give us some details and request a callback. We will always work hard to provide rapid and cost-effective services.